Arkansans have a constitutional right to have their voting rights restored after completing a felony sentence.

To download and print this information as a PDF, scroll to the bottom of the page. 

What if I’ve been convicted of a crime?
  • If you were convicted of a misdemeanor, you can vote.  If you are in jail, you will have to vote by absentee ballot.  You do retain the right to vote if convicted of a misdemeanor.  
  • If you were convicted of a felony in Arkansas you can vote if you’re not currently incarcerated or on probation or parole and you have paid all fines. 
  • Your right to vote can be restored after completion of your sentence, parole, and/or probation and the payment of all probation or parole fees, court costs, fines, or restitution.
What if I’ve been charged with a crime?
  • Your right to vote is only affected if you have been convicted of a felony. Charges only do not affect your right to vote.
How do I restore my right to vote?
  • To restore your right to vote, you must take proof of completion of your sentence, including proof that you have paid all fees, fines & costs required of you to your local county clerk. 
  • Once your local county clerk has received this proof, you are eligible to register to vote.  
  • If you do not have proof of your discharge, and you were released without parole, you should contact: ADC at:  Centralized Records-Discharge Files 1-870-267-6684 at 2403 E. Harding, Pine Bluff, AR  71603.  
  • If you were released through probation or parole, you should contact the records units for the individual probation or parole office for proof of supervision release and all payments. 
  • Proof of restitution payments can be obtained by the entity collecting restitution payments, if any.  The circuit clerk can provide you proof of discharge of any fines and costs.
  • It is best to collect these records at the time your sentence is completed or as soon as possible thereafter and retain copies of these records as they may be increasingly difficult to obtain as time goes by. 
What if I encounter barriers to exercising my right to vote or restoring my right to vote? 
  • Please contact the ACLU of Arkansas at:
  • Or call the national voting rights hotline at: 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683) 
Arkansas Constitution, Amendment 51, Section 11 provides that:
Any convicted felon who desires to register to vote should provide the county clerk with proof of discharge from probation or parole, & payment of all probation or parole fees, applicable court costs, fines, & restitution.
ADC/DCC should provide proof your sentence/supervision has been satisfied upon release from supervision. 
You may (but don’t have to) use this form to request state or local officials provide proof that your sentence is complete and all financial obligations are satisfied.