You can download a printable version of this information here or at the bottom of the page.


  • You can register if you meet all of the following qualifications: (1) you’re a U.S. citizen; (2) you’ve been or will been Arkansas resident for at least 30 days prior to Election Day; (3) you’ll be at least 18 years old on Election Day; (4) you’re not a convicted felon who is still completing the terms of your sentencing; (5) you haven’t been declared by a court to be mentally incompetent to vote; and (6) you’re not registered in another county or state.


  • You can still vote!
  • A map of the area where you live should be drawn in Section C of the registration form. 


  • Under Arkansas law, if you have a felony conviction you may restore your right to vote by proving proof that:
    • You have served all time and supervision; and
    • Have paid all court costs, fees, fines, or restitution.
  • Once proof that these conditions have been met is obtained (usually from ADC, DCC, or the court clerk’s office), you will need to submit this proof to the voter registration department of the county clerk’s office where you reside.
  • You also will need to complete a voter registration form and submit it to your county clerk with your proof of sentence satisfaction.
  • Poll workers are required to request that voters present photo identification. 
  • This identification must:
  • Show the voter’s name and photo;
  • Be issued by the United States, State of Arkansas, or accredited postsecondary institution in Arkansas; and
  • If the identification has an expiration date, it must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before the election.
  • Documents that meet these requirements include a driver’s license, a photo identification card, a concealed carry handgun permit, a US Passport, a student ID or employee badge from an accredited institution, a military ID, a voter verification card, or a public assistance ID that shows a photo of the cardholder 
  • Voter verification cards are available through the Secretary of State’s Office or the office of your county clerk free of charge to anyone who is registered to vote and does not have another valid form of identification. 
  • If you fail to or are unable to provide any identification, you can still cast a provisional ballot. In order for your ballot to be counted, you must take your ID to your county board of election commissioners or your county clerk by noon the Monday after the election. You must follow the same process if you do not include a copy of your ID with your absentee ballot.
  • The address on your ID should NOT be a reason to deny your right to vote. The address associated with your voter registration does NOT have to match the address on your ID. You will be required to state your address when you vote so remember or check your address used for registration.
 What if I’m not on the voter list?
  • First, ask a poll worker to check the list again and to confirm that you’re at the right polling place. The poll worker should ask your address and date of birth and attempt to verify with your county clerk that you are a registered voter in the county and at that precinct.
  • If you’re at the right polling place but your name isn’t on the voter list and the poll worker cannot confirm your information, you can ask for a provisional ballot. You have the right to cast a provisional ballot even if your name is not on the voter list, as long as you’re willing to swear that you believe you are registered to vote. 
 What if my name differs from the precinct voter registration List?
  • You must complete a voter registration form to update county voter registration records, but you should be allowed to vote.  
  • The poll worker will request that you complete a voter registration form to update your registration. 
What if someone challenges my right to vote?
  • Assert your right, especially on Election Day (as opposed to early voting). If you cannot persuade poll workers to accept you as a voter, you can always ask for a provisional ballot that will be counted if the county board of elections later determines that you were eligible to vote.
 What if someone tries to intimidate or harass me?
  • Tell a poll worker right away. If the poll worker is the problem, tell the election judge, and also call your county clerk.
  • Call the election hotline number listed at the end of this card, and/or make a complaint online at
  • You should also make a complaint with your county board of election commissioners and the Arkansas State Board of Elections. You can ask for the names of any poll worker.
  • Note: A written complaint with the Arkansas State Board of Elections must be filed within thirty days of the date the election results are final.
  • You can find the names and contact information for you county board of election commissioners at www.arkansas.gove/sbec/election-commissioner and information on making a complaint to the Arkansas State Board of Election can be found at 


  1. ACLU of Arkansas: by calling 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683)
  2. County Clerks:
  3. County Board of Election Commissioners (your local election oversight officials):
  4. Arkansas State Board of Election Commissioners: 1-501-682-1834 or 1-800-411-6996 or Note: you must file a formal complaint within 30 days if you wish the ASBEC to take action on an issue.
  5. Arkansas Secretary of State: 1-800-482-1127
  6. U.S. Department of Justice, Voting Rights Section 1-800-253-3931 or 1-202-307-2767
  7. U.S. Attorney Offices: Little Rock 1-501-340-2600; Fort Smith 1-479-783-5125